Are there any famous pagodas/ temples in Fukuoka ?
Fukuoka is the temple land. Please find below places that are mostly visited by tourists.
- Kego Shrine(No entrance fee. Very small but nice)
- Momiji Hachimangu Shrine(Very quiet place, true Japanese culture)
- Tochoji Temple(The oldest temple in Fukuoka, Lovely grounds, with interesting old Buddhas, graves, mill stones, and more)
- Jotenji Temple(A quiet, calming, relaxing Buddhist Temple a short walk (12-15 minutes) from the Japan Rail Hakata station)
- Shofuku-ji Temple(One of the oldest zen temples in Japan)For more information, please visit here.